Thursday 22 October 2015

Wow! I have learnt so much spending time with someone who has uncontrolled diabetes yet lives such a busy life! It's hard work being a community nurse as I've found out - although the patients loved me! (Even though I learnt how to take a selfie with my last host, Rosie explained that I wasn't allowed to take selfies with patients!) Having such high levels can cause tiredness and lethargy apparently which makes being busy every day so difficult. No wonder she goes to bed early!

She's got me working hard!  



Even answering the phone!   



The only snacks she has on her are sugar free flavoured water and sugar free polos - not very exciting boo! :( Apparently this is because her blood sugars can rise very quickly and unlike Type 1s, she doesn't have insulin to control this. I'd much rather sit and eat sweets at lunchtime but the other nurses have told me off!

The doctor rang today to tell her her hba1c result which is 95! She's told me its lower than it was but it's still very high and blames it on me! I'm starting to rethink playing all these tricks on people. I can see the effect high blood sugar AND low blood sugar has on people. Maybe I'm starting to feel guilty... 

Must dash, got a busy afternoon!



DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment