Monday 19 October 2015


Today is a normal Monday, which means food shopping. Robin is playing a game with me, I've got to guess which products she's bought for her husband, and which are the ones she eats. That's not fair!  It was nearly all a trick question, because they both try to eat healthily, and tend to eat the same things.



 I spotted a couple of things, Robin tends not to eat so much of the white rice, or bananas and grapes, and she has converted her husband to eating lentils, though he's still not very keen on broccoli. And she says she normally eats the 90% dark, but she can't resist having a couple of square of milk chocolate, with some Brazil nuts, after her lunch. She says if it's part of a balanced meal that has fat and protein in, and not too much carb, it doesn't spike her glucose levels. I thought when I started this adventure, that it was a case of throwing some insulin in, and throwing the food in after, but I can see it's not that simple.   



Robin just had a strange conversation with her husband about whether it was a Grey week or a Green week. I thought maybe she was talking about her hair, but I now know she means whether the household rubbish or the garden waste bin is due to be emptied. It's the green bin, this week, so to fill it up we are outside pruning the huge yew hedge. Apparently twenty minutes using the long handled loppers above head height is the fastest way to a gardening hypo. Who knew? I shall stand by with a hypo treatment at the ready, and keep my fingers and wings  well out of the way of the hedge trimmer.


It's drizzling outside now, so we have come indoors to do some decorating. I thought there was a funny smell in the house when I arrived, although I was too polite to mention it. It was wet paint, apparently. I'm going to be allowed to do some sanding down, Robin is afraid if I do any painting I might get paint on my wings. I shall also look after the fruit pastilles, though Robin said she's more likely to stop and have tea and a biscuit half way through if she feels she might be going low, she saves glucosy sweets for when she needs a really quick hypo recovery remedy. Well, all this DIY malarkey has quite worn me out, and I'll be glad to move on to my next host tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment