Monday 26 October 2015

What an action packed weekend I've had. My host took me out to explore the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.. We even had cake in Betty's tea room... Apparently it's famous! She said she allows herself the occasional treat when out with friends as it helps her feel a little normal! 


We went swimming later in the afternoon. I was disappointed at the lack of lucozade and sweets on hand but as a Type 2 with very high sugar levels she doesn't need them. I wanted to get a photo of me swimming but my hosts phone isn't waterproof :( I was surprised when she felt a little shaky so tested and she was 6 which is a normal reading. Why did she feel so ill afterwards? Apparently this is because my hosts body is so used to high levels that she feels a little unsteady when it gets to a normal level. This is supposed to ease off once her body gets used to low levels! This is all very confusing for me.

I sprinkled some of my fairy dust this morning and Rosie woke up with a reading of 8.9. She was so happy with this being her lowest ever reading that I'm tempted to leave some fairy dust behind. 

It appears there's so much more to type 2 diabetes than just "losing weight to control it" as I keep hearing in the media. There are so many other factors to consider. I'm learning so much on my travels!

So much for a lie in after a busy weekend, I got rudely awoken at 6AM by my host telling me it's time for work. Again?! *yawn*  I'll be glad to move on to somewhere where I can relax a bit more! The stereotype of a type 2 diabetic being lazy and sitting around eating carbohydrates all day long is completely wrong I've very quickly learnt! We've even made friends! 



Now it's time for my favourite part of the morning... Coffee! 



My host tells me she's sending me to the next host at lunchtime... I'm too tired to fly! DFx


No comments:

Post a Comment