Tuesday 13 October 2015

Tuesday, apparently, is shopping day in Annette’s household. So we went to the supermarket. I got to ride in the cart, but we weren’t allowed to stop and look at the chocolates that were out on the shelves, because we weren’t buying any. Apparently I’m as bad as her husband for wanting to put unsuitable items in the trolley…



I was trying to work out which the best items were for diabetics to eat – but the labels are so tiny! Good job I had my glasses, but even then, its just so confusing! Annette says it does get easier as you get used to what everything means and what they actually do, but I’m not sure. I only have one lifetime, you know.



In the afternoon, we went out for a walk around the village. It’s lovely to get out into the sun, but the amount of junk she brings with her – testing kit and snacks and hypo treatments and everything – I’m beginning to think that spontaneity isn’t in a diabetic’s dictionary.



I wanted to make some cake this evening – I found a very nice sounding recipe. But She said there was far too much sugar in it, even for non-diabetics, and I wasn’t having it. Humph.



Apparently, they’re going to the gym again tonight. I’ll take a raincheck on that – I know it’s supposed to be good for you, but really? DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment