Wednesday 21 October 2015

Hello! I have arrived safely this evening in rainy Yorkshire. I don't seem too impressed yet my host, Rosie, calls it Gods Own Country!

I'm busy making friends already!



I'm looking forward to spending time with her and learning all about how a Type 2 diabetic lives especially a busy student nurse! She tells me the diagnosis may be wrong and we'll find out on Friday. Who knew it could be so difficult to diagnose diabetes?

My host isn't feeling very well today and as much as she wants to eat rubbish, she has to be even more careful than normal as being unwell can cause spikes in blood sugar. She showed me that she was 15.3 this evening which I thought was very high!! She has explained to me that readings this high are common for her due to being newly diagnosed and not on insulin.

Time for a well deserved cup of tea (no sugar!) and homemade soup. 

For now, the only sweet thing I've been told I'm allowed near is the scented candle!



Best get an early night as she's taking me to work in the morning! 

DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment