Sunday 6 December 2015

Yesterday did not start well L.

In the middle of the night Susan’s CGM woke me up and her too. It warned her of a hypo coming, so a ginger cookie is eaten and Susan goes back to sleep. I do wonder and worry about what would have happened if she didn’t have the CGM to warn her. I do wonder too about how other diabetics manage.


 What sort of time do you call this on a Saturday morning!


I was expecting another lie in, especially after having a disturbed night, but I’m told we’re off to Wimborne to an Etsy Local Craft Fair. Susan wants to get there early because we’ve to get back to Dorchester for the crafternoon and she wants some breakfast before we go. I’m going to keep out of the way for a bit in case she thinks I need some more Creon. I expect I’ll find out what a crafternoon is as the day goes on.

Gas Warning: Levels very high during night – don’t go anywhere near Susan with a naked flame!

The Etsy Local Craft Fair was full of lovely things and I made some new friends, though some of them thought I was my twin. If my eyebrows had started growing again, I would have raised them. They haven’t, so I couldn’t.


 I also admired some pretty jewellery.



There were lots of people there doing Christmas shopping.


 Next year Susan wants to have a stall there to sell her pottery. Our next stop was lunch.

We then zoomed back towards Dorchester. We were heading to where Susan runs her classes at Winterborne Monkton, but the main road was closed and we had to ask a nice police officer if we could get through. Luckily we could. It was a bit windy when we got there.


Susan and I nearly got blown away!


What’s a crafternoon?. You’ll soon see…

Normally lots of people come and do crafty things, drink coffee and eat cake. Unfortunately because of the road being closed not many people came, but I was able to help a nice man who wanted a go on the potter’s wheel. It was his first time.


He followed my advice and threw 4 lovely pots. I wonder if I could moonlight as the Pottery Fairy…

I modelled some of Liz’s Viking Knitting to an admiring crowd.



She assured me that no Vikings were harmed when they were knitted. Liz let me have a go, but I got in a bit of a tangle.


Then it was cake time.


 Then Sarah helped me try beading. Gosh, her needle was sharp.


  
Time to go home - I seem to have been awake for hours and hours and hours.

Gas Warning: Levels rising. Be prepared with gas masks. (I’m glad other diabetics don’t seem to have this problem.)

A quiet night in, thank goodness, watching Strictly. Susan may be retired, but she leads a busy life. She’s a bit like the Duracell bunny! 



She just keeps on going!

Perhaps I’ll get a long lie on tomorrow. DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment