Friday 4 December 2015

I’ve been helping Susan stack her kiln with her students’ work. I made a pendant with my initials and my nose print  and put Dusky Pink glaze on it. I think that will go nicely with my outfit. The only way you can tell the difference between me and my twin is by our nose prints! Susan said she had seen a picture of me on a billboard at Southampton Airport, so I had to explain to her about being a twin. My twin is just so ignorant, especially about diabetes, unlike me. I’ve got to wait ‘til tomorrow to see what my finished pendant looks like. I can’t wait!


I’m being very well behaved because Susan threatened to dip me in glaze and fire me if I’m a nuisance. I’ve a funny feeling her kiln gets uncomfortably hot and I don’t want to take the risk. Perhaps she could glaze and fire my twin and serve her up some of that ‘orrible apple sauce.

Susan told me that she’s changed her GP recently, because they were not listening to her when she had problems. So she took me with her to meet her new GP this afternoon. We talked to him about what had happened to Susan and checked that all her prescriptions were on his ‘puter. He said that Susan is the expert on her situation and that he would listen carefully when she goes to see him with a problem. It was amazing, he had all of Susan’s records on his ‘puter – she has no secrets from him! I liked him so much I asked if Susan could take a photo of us together for my blog. I think he was actually quite pleased to meet a fairy and me in particular.




When we were waiting to go in to see the doctor Susan’s CGM started playing tunes. When she looked at it, it said that her BG was getting low. So she ate two barley sugar sweets. She didn’t give me one which I thought was mean, but she said my BG was fine so I didn’t need one.

 I’ve come to the conclusion Susan must be very empty inside as she hasn’t got a stomach, spleen or gall bladder either.  I did give her a bit of a shake to see if she rattles … no rattles, but I think there were some squelchy noises from inside and some gassy noises too! She says that magic carpets are powered by gas. Actually (shh! promise you won’t tell anyone) her duvet hovers above her bed at night – it’s true! I’ve seen it!

Tra la la, Tra la la …We’re off to choir now and we went past those scary dinosaurs again. Susan introduced me to her musical friends. They were really pleased to have me there ‘cos I can sing reeeeallly high notes. I joined in the singing to start with, watching the conductor to make sure I got it right.



Then I had a go at conducting the choir.


 There was one slightly strange man in the choir (in fact they were all a bit odd, but this one stood out!).


Actually, I was a bit confused because Susan sat with the men. She says she sings Tenor because she can’t sing high notes unless she stands on a very tall step ladder and there isn’t room for one in the room where they practice.
When everyone else was stuffing their faces with biscuits, Susan looked at her CGM and said she didn’t need any carbs so she wouldn’t have a biscuit. She usually does have a biscuit because singing uses up lots of energy and she’s had hypos at choir quite often. Why didn’t she have one last night? I don’t know and neither does she. Susan did mention that it really annoys her when people say diabetes is predictable and controllable.

We can’t open the kiln yet, because it’s too hot. It’s got to be less than 200 degrees C. That sounds pretty hot to me (oh no, I think I’ve got Northern Rhymingitis).


Just got to go and preen my wings ‘cos we’re off to see Susan’s MP – Oliver Letwin. I was up early practising my curtsey, but Susan says I won’t need it – a firm handshake will do. I’ll let you know how we get on. DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment