Friday 11 December 2015

Bloden’s gone out early this morning, before breakfast, so I thought I’d have mine in bed with this lovely Asturian view.



She’s gone to her local health centre for a blood test to see if she’s got coeliac disease. This is her second attempt – she had the blood test done in October but the result went missing, so I’ve got my wings crossed it doesn’t get lost this time. I suggested going with her to cheer everyone up, but she had to kick up a fuss last time (her name wasn’t on the list) and doesn’t want to get a reputation for always ‘making a scene’. (No translation this time – so she DOES stop being a teacher every now and then!).



I bet you lot thought I couldn’t read, eh? But here I am instructing Bloden on how to insert a new Freestyle Libre sensor. OK, OK, I’m ‘reading’ the pictures. Apparently, she’s been having a few too many random hypos recently and thought she’d best have a look at her trends. I didn’t let on, but I think some high-grade DF hypo dust may have shot out of my wand when I shouted ‘Surprise!’ on my first day here. Oops!!! That stuff’s expensive…

Anyway, it’s market day in Bloden’s local town. It’s called Pravia if anyone’s interested in my exact whereabouts. It sells a bit of everything: local produce, plants, clothes, jewellery…



Bloden took some photos, but there’s a real nip in the air today, so I decided not to venture out of her toasty puffa jacket. I don’t want to catch some nasty Asturian bug and miss out on the afternoon’s excitement: we’re going to decorate Bloden’s classroom because next week they’re having a Christmas party and she wants everything to look festive for the ‘do’. We had a practice-run after lunch, wrapping some Christmas presents for her family.



Atchoo! I hope that was the tinsel tickling my nose and not the Spanish Flu! Shame Bloden hasn’t got any left-handed scissors. I almost chopped the end off my wand. It’s got me thinking though – I wonder who the lucky diabetic person will be that gets to spend Christmas with me?

Catch you all later! DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment