Sunday 13 December 2015

Shhh! I’m trying not to type too loudly. You see, it’s midnight and we’ve just got back from the Mexican ‘do’ and Bloden’s gone to bed. Well, I must say, her friends are lots of fun! And the food was spectacular – chicken and beef burritos with black beans, three different ‘salsas’, salads galore, and even a chilli-eating competition (which skidded to a halt when one of the boys started sweating from his eyeballs!). The highlight of the evening though had to be the Mexican chilli-choc fountain (no, I didn’t realise the chocolate fountain was a Mexican invention either).



Just look at those bright green chillis glow – amazing! As you can see, pudding was the main event with Christmas tree and melted-snowman biscuits, almondy chocolate bites, and Bloden’s Mexican fruit salad – which isn’t pictured, so I suppose it was so delicious it had already been eaten at this point. We didn’t really hold out much hope for it when we were making it…



… in fact, it looked so forlorn, Bloden topped it off with a layer of Greek yogurt and some grated 85% dark chocolate. There was so much sugary niceness being consumed, I’m positive I could hear everyone’s little pancreases (or is that pancreai?) whirring away. Or maybe it was the sound of the chocolate fountain. Anyway, Bloden has a hard time guess-timating carbs when she eats out, so she’d only bolused for the burritos and guacamole – pudding was too much of a challenge! However, she did bring one of the Christmas tree biscuits home, “to have as her post-exercise snack tomorrow”. I hope she forgets about it…it seems I snaffled it while I was typing the last paragraph. Oops!



I’m leaving Asturias tomorrow, so I suppose I should go and pack. Bloden has very kindly assembled a little basket of local produce for my journey. “Just in case you get peckish”, she said. What a dear!



I’ve really enjoyed myself in Asturias, it’s a beautiful part of the world. And who’d’ve thought that Spain could be so GREEN!?! TTFN my lovelies…I wonder where I’ll pop up next? DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment