Sunday 20 December 2015

It’s freezing cold here today! There’s such a hard frost we can’t open the car door and the warmest it got all day was -1! I assumed that this would mean we would stay in and stay warm, but ice is too big a draw for kids so it’s scarves on and straight outside! Adam’s blood glucose meter has stopped working though and is showing an odd error message so it’s back home before long. A quick search online suggests a battery problem but the battery is just new, so they look on the forums and lo and behold an answer! The meters don’t like the cold. They’re civilised, like us fairies. Michelle just mutters that things that can’t handle the cold don’t belong up north.



Hold the press! There’s been a disaster at Adam’s house! Cora was awfully quiet which is apparently highly suspicious so we went to investigate and found this:



Cora has broken into Adam’s backpack and eaten all of his emergency hypo snacks! Thankfully the glucose powder he takes is in bottles she can’t open but it appears a ‘babyproof’ clip-lock tub full of biscuits is no match for her determination. Now I understand why all of his kit is kept on high shelves!

After stocks were replenished we went off to Softplay for a little while to burn off some steam. These places are simultaneously heaven and hell on earth according to Adam’s dad – heaven for the kids since they can quite literally bounce off the walls, hell for the adults because of the noise. He says I’ve plenty to say for myself so I’ll fit right in. I don’t know what he means.

In the afternoon we went over to see Adam’s aunty and his cousins Izzy and Tom. Aunty Amanda is very organised and as well as having all of her Christmas decorations up, she has presents wrapped under the tree! I helpfully point out to Michelle that she might like to do the same, but that really, they didn’t need to be so generous. After all, however could I carry all of those presents myself? I reassure them both that I’ll get a forwarding address for my next destination and they can simply courier the gifts.



In the evening it’s the Sunday night treat of dinner and a movie for Adam and Cora. We’re watching The Snowman tonight, very festive.  It’s soon time for bed though – Adam’s Levemir has been increased tonight so that means regular tests through the “wee small hours” as they say up here. I’ll report on the outcome tomorrow – you don’t really expect me to get up and write this stuff at night do you? Err, maybe I’m talking to the wrong audience here…..



DF x

No comments:

Post a Comment