Friday 18 December 2015

It’s Showtime! The nursery nativity is today so there’s an awful lot of excitement in the house. Adam has been practicing his songs for a couple of weeks now with all of the other children so we’re expecting a good show. It’s going to be very busy in the hall so we’ve got to go and get our seats soon, but not before we pop in to see Mrs Jess to ask her to take his BG a little early today and give him a little something to eat if he’s 5 or below so he’ll not feel funny during the show. Michelle said that they’ll be surprised if his numbers aren’t in the teens with all of the excitement but I’ve promised a little sprinkle of dust to add a little extra magic (can’t have old Rufus showing me up).



That was brilliant! There were a couple of familiar numbers and the Reindeer Hockey Pokey! That’s a new one on me but I quite liked it. “You put your red nose in, your red nose out…” Tra la la! I was all for joining in but Michelle said she didn’t want me to spoil steal the show. She’s definitely warming to me, I can tell.

And even better my dust worked! He hovered around 9mmol all through the show.  Don’t all look so surprised now, I am a top level fairy you know.

Friday is a busy day in this house, there’s barely time to grab some lunch before we’re back out, this time for hip hop! I had no idea what that was until I got to the dance studio and saw all of these little kids doing their amazing moves. Adam took me in and I showed them all how to throw some serious shapes - us professional fairies are all amazing dancers – but thankfully it’s a closed class so  Michelle couldn’t get in to take pictures and give away all of my best moves in pictures. I did get a sticker though!



No sooner are we back than it’s a quick run to pick up his prescription – HOW many pages?! – then off to the swimming pool again . I can’t figure out if these are people or fish! There’s no lesson today so Adam and Michelle are just swimming for fun - and practice. Michelle is training for the Swim22 in February – she’s not as good as Adam in my opinion – and Adam has decided he wants to do it too. He explains that they are going to try to raise money for DiabetesUK to “pay for the scientists to be able to keep trying to fix my Diabetes”. I think this is a great idea and I told him that I’m sure that he’ll be able to do it no problem but apparently 22 miles is a bit far for a little person so he’s going to try 2.2.

Finally we’re home for the night. I’m definitely part of the family now so I think I’ll just make myself comfortable in front of the fire and get a little tipple and congratulate myself on the fine job I’m doing as an ambassador for fairy-kind.




DF x

No comments:

Post a Comment