Wednesday 9 December 2015



I think Royal Mail might have messed up, I just poked my head out of the envelope and I’m pretty sure this isn’t Scotland – no tartan sheep, can’t hear any bagpipes and have yet to see a hairy cow or a single haggis…hmm…looks like I might have been redirected to Bloden, in Spain! Ah well! Let's go with the flow, we've arrived and I can hear someone coming - I think I'll surprise my new host!


SURPRISE!!! Oops…I don’t think Bloden likes surprises. She’s muttering something about sending her glucose through the roof and you’d think the Diabetes Fairy would know better.
Anyway, it seems I’ve arrived just as she was leaving for work, so no time to relax in the guest suite.


We’re off to the local town where Bloden teaches English.

Bloden’s left me in her classroom, while she goes and chats to the other teachers. My bum’s freezing. I thought it was going to be hot here in Spain so I left my toasty new knitted pants with Stephknits. I know, I’ll see if I can warm myself up on the photocopier.


I hope no-one catches me. I don’t want them to get the wrong idea.

Well, Bloden thinks her students have worked very hard today so we’re going to finish with a game.


As you can see, it’s called “Go Fish!” – her students seem very excited about playing this game!
Here goes…what’s that, young Spanish lady? You want me to “Gimme all your sharks, big nose, fish face!” How rude! I’ve a good mind to…What’s that, Bloden? Oh, I see, the idea is to collect families of sea creatures using rude and insulting English. Apparently, this game teaches something called ‘register and function’. If you say so!!

Well, I’m pooped. I’ve never played so many games in my life – Animal Pairs, Food Bingo, The Silly Snake Game…phew! We did some shopping after work. Bloden says the shops are open until 9 o’clock, so she gets dinner after work.


Tonight we’re having tuna with, so I’ve been told, a ‘pico de gallo’ topping (looks like a load of chopped salad veg to me) and boiled potatoes – with their skins on to slow down their absorption, whatever that means! She says it’s early to bed tonight because, although she doesn’t have classes on Fridays, it always seems to be her busiest day of the week. DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment