Friday 27 November 2015

Today is a very important day for me, according to Steph.  We are going on a train journey, but she won’t tell me where yet.  I’m hoping it’s luxuriating on the Orient Express!

Sadly the standard of train does not meet with my expectations and we arrive eventually in…. London.  Well, that isn’t exactly exciting – I’ve been here before and was shown around by the lovely Stitch who actually lives here.  My mood improves as we pop out of the underground at London Bridge and I can see the Shard towering above us – ooh, I can’t wait to see the view.   Sadly, Steph takes me straight past the Shard and into Guy’s Hospital.  We go up in the lift and I have to admit that the view is pretty amazing from here.


Steph tells me she is taking part in a really important diabetes trial and that I must pay close attention.  I enjoy meeting Rhanya and Laura and settle in to watch Steph get her injection.




She says it feels like a bee sting.  Steph is having a series of 6 injections over 6 months.  As far as I understand it, the Multipeptide injection is supposed to slow down or stop recently diagnosed Type 1 diabetics from destroying all their beta cells.   They're still looking for people like Steph to take part. I don't qualify, because you have to have been diagnosed less than 4 years and be between the ages of 18-45, and I'm a Fairy, but they say if anyone is interested then to visit their website.

There was a lot more detail, but I’m afraid I was too busy staring out at the view across London and may have mis-remembered some bits…  

On the way back out of the hospital, Steph asks me to recount all the medical details to show how much I am learning about diabetes.  I try my best, but she can tell I wasn’t really paying attention so she says she has a suitable punishment when we get home.

I forget all about this as we visit The National Gallery and Trafalgar Square.


I fall asleep on the way home and wake up to the shock of my life.  I LOOK LIKE THIS!!!


Where are my wings and my lovely sparkly crown?!!

Steph says she will bring them back if I promise to try harder.  If I don’t she says she has worse punishments planned – I might even grow a beard and end up looking like THIS!!!!


Eek!!!! DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment