Sunday 22 November 2015

I've been a bit of a naughty DF and haven't been writing up my diary as much as I should.
Fortunately AJLang took photos to remind me about what we did on Sunday.
We had a lie in after the hectic time the day before at the diabetes forum meeting.
AJLang seemed to have a plan for the morning and it was busy. First of all we went to the airfield because AJ's OH has just got his Private Pilot's Licence.


I was disappointed to find out that we weren't going flying, but was then very pleased to find that there was a Christmas Fayre in the hangar.

Next stop was the local garden centre where AJ was thrilled to discover that the shop sold vegetarian Scotch eggs. I was more pleased to find the Christmas decorations.


I hope they've bought me a nice Christmas present:)

AJ's OH then drove us to the other side of town for a nice lunch. AJ has to take lots of medications as well as her insulin. These other medications aren't those for diabetes, but for other conditions. For example a few years ago she had a blood clot in her retinal vein so has daily aspirin to try to prevent it happening in the other eye. She kindly let me hold the tablet box, I didn't have the heart to tell her that she had given me the Friday one, instead of the box for Sunday.


AJ let me choose lunch from the menu and I chose her a vegetarian open sandwich with only one slice of bread and low carb brie, egg mayonnaise and salad.


AJ really liked her meal. We then looked round the shops before heading home. Once we got back AJ was so tired that she went to sleep for two hours. She has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so has to pace herself, but hadn't been very good doing that for the last few days.

We then spent the rest of the day/evening chilling out on the settee. AJ kept having to check her BG levels because she has Gastroparesis and the small amount of carbs from our 1:30pm lunch started pushing her levels up at about 6pm It was a guessing game as to how much they would rise and when.  We then went to bed to sleep 9pm, which is normal for AJLang. DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment