Tuesday 24 November 2015

Steph says it isn’t decent to be flitting around showing my big fairy butt to all and sundry and if I want to be seen out and about with her, I should knit myself some pants at the very least.  I tell her this knitting lark will be a piece of cake, to which Steph raises an eyebrow.  I am not sure whether she thinks I will have trouble learning to knit, or whether she dislikes my cake reference. 

Steph sorts me out straight away on the train with some children’s knitting needles and wool.  Pah, I’ll pick this up in no time, I think and pick up the jumper Steph is knitting herself.



In…. round… through…. and … oh fairy dust,  this isn’t as easy as it looks!

When we get back to Steph’s mum and dad’s we sit down to watch Doctor Who.  Steph asks me if I will need to hide behind the sofa and everyone laughs.  I give her an annoying hypo so she misses the end of the programme to sort herself out – serves her right.

The next day Steph, myself and her girls head off home in her little blue car, but not before she gets out her testing kit to check she is ok to drive.  


As soon as she gets home, it’s out with the knitting needles again – but she won’t show me what she is making.


On Monday night Steph has an exciting evening planned for me as we are off to see Bellowhead.   Before we leave I am presented with some rather stylish leggings and a sparkly scarf.  



I feel I will be ‘down with the kids at the gig’.  Here is my dancing selfie.  


Steph checks her blood sugar before we go in 5.7.   She wonders with all the dancing whether she ought to have a snack, but decides to risk it.  I notice that every now and again she peers at her hands in the dark and wonder if she is checking out her nail varnish.  She tells me she is seeing if she is going low (her hands shaking are a good first indication).  At the end of the night, before the drive home, we test again – a 5.5 – very pleasing. DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment