Wednesday 11 November 2015

Back with Northerner for a few days to catch up and pick up some clean underwear. He raised a few eyebrows as I recounted my adventures, he’s so cynical! Well, OK maybe there were some slight exaggerations, but there’s no denying I’ve had a splendid time being entertained by a succession of remarkable people! I think I’ve learned quite a bit as well, so I’ve been making sure that Northerner benefits from my new insights and I’ve been telling him what he needs to do to control his diabetes – don’t know how he’s managed without me! Think I've lost a bit of weight as well, finding it much easier to hover than I did a month or so ago! Must be all that gardening, horse riding and walking!


Pretty soon after I got back he announced that I should have a good scrub in a hot bath – what a kind, considerate person he is! Actually, he did look as though he was holding his breath a bit and turning his head to the side. I’m guessing that the smell from the horse incident when I was staying with Robin hasn’t quite left me yet. Stitch was very polite, but I did see her wince a bit when she was down wind from me so I had my suspicions…



Aah! That’s better! All scrubbed and sparkling now, with a lovely mug of foaming beer, settling down to a bit of Audrey! He’s even got me some lovely chocolate and told me I must eat absolutely all of it, as it’s important for non-diabetics to know what it’s like before they buy any for their diabetic friends. Not sure what he means by that, but hey – who would turn down this?




I’ve been told to get an early night because he’s got something lined up for me tomorrow. What could it be? Probably got lunch at the Ritz booked in and taking in a West End show. I would imagine. DFx

No comments:

Post a Comment