Saturday 21 November 2015

Saturday was my first day with AJLang. The first thing she did was try to strangle me!! Why oh why would she want harm to come to little me??!! She did mutter something about how I had created havoc for the 45 years that she's had diabetes, especially with the gastroparesis. Gastroparesis is a diabetic complication which causes nerve damage to the stomach and can create very erratic BG levels. I didn't know about this.


We met in Birmingham at a special get together to celebrate the diabetes support forum's 7th birthday and world diabetes day. I've been told that alcohol can create problems with BG levels, but didn't stop me from having a large glass of white wine....or maybe two or three, hic.



It was lovely seeing lots of people with diabetes chatting to each other and sharing their tales. It really made me realise how different diabetes is for each person. I met lots of people, including Steph Knits, Northerner, Flutterby, Matt Cycle and Lindarose.
Here I am with Amanda, Northerner and Flutterby, enjoying yet more wine.


It was really great meeting everyone, and Northerner kindly walked me back to the train station. I nearly fell asleep on the train back, but I made it to AJ's house. We shared some very yummy pizza and then settled down in front of the television. We were both happily fast asleep when AJ's other half woke us up and made us go to bed. He claimed that I'd been snoring. Before we went to bed AJ tested her BG level and had a correction dose. She then used her Freestyle Libre, which was on the table by her bed, to check two or three times during the night. Fortunately last night was a good night. Much love DF x


No comments:

Post a Comment